Thursday, November 09, 2006

Her Royal Highness ME

i have this obsession with fairy tales..
it's been going all my life but it's been rather difficult to supress recently.

As a child i used to think i'm Cinderella or other Princess characters.
My mom was never easy to me, so i like to think of her as the stepmother/evil sorceress queen.
When i sulk, i sulk like Cinderella's stepmother. I stand at the corner of the room, fold my arms, curve my mouth, and glare.
When i'm depressed ( yes, as a child i get depressed quite often) i stood by the window (preferably when it's raining) clutching the railings and cry. in my mind i was Rapunzel, locked up high high in a tower in a far faraway land waiting for my prince to rescue me.
And when nightfalls i wait for the magical moment in which i transform to a beautiful princess ready to go dancing at the prince's ball. But my fairy godmother never came..
I also pick my crush accordingly..my first first ever 'love' has the same haircut as the prince in Cinderella. Fortunately i never liked the Princess & the Frog fairy tale. haha

As i grew up the perception fades but i became very interested with old, vintage, antique, feminine pieces and dont forget classical musics.. one of the most anticipated events in my life is my prom nite cuz i get to wear a gown. And i always loveee wearing kebaya encims because i feel like a javanese princess eventhough i fit none of the two categories.. hahah
My Princessy Obsession these days can be seen in how i decorate my room. It's painted pink and light green, filled with cream colored furniture painted adorned with little blue flowers on the edges. i also hang golden framed drawings of flowers on two sides of the room. The windows covered with a sheer white curtain with little golden stars. My dressing table's adorned with a pink glittery wand,and a vera wang 'princess' eau de toilette i use rather religiously. To fulfill my dreaming needs i have this moon shaped lamp and glow in the dark stick on stars all over the ceiling.. i love my room. So much. If i ever go to study abroad i want to bring my room with me. I cannot live without it.

I also have this silly club with my friends, the Feigong Mama club. Feigong mama is korean for crown princess..biasa deh gara-gara Princess' hours.. hohoho

The problem is I'll be twenty in just twenty days more.
I dont think twenty years old girls still think they're princesses anymore, do they??

;)

well right now i'm obsessing that new Ms. Dunst's movie Marie Antoinette..


and this is how the beheaded queen really looked like..


When will it hit theatres in Jakarta???
Can't wait!!!!!!!

No comments: