Sunday, June 10, 2007

the intern : the day before the first

Tomorrow's my first day of internship!!

And like any other the day before the first day, i'm pondering about : WHAT TO WEAR
So vain but so essential! i mean, let's admit that we ALWAYS ALWAYS judge people from what they wear! i do.. hahahaha

I remember a joke my friend cempaka said to me and chichi in the midst of hustle and bustle of our pre-internship shopping in Senen:
Jangan kuatir dehh paling ntar user lo (the person in charge of you when you're interning) commentnya ttg hasil magang lo :
yahh bagus..bagus..bagus lah ya mereka, i don't remember very well. But they sure are the best dressed intern..

*laughs*

sial! i don't want to be just sitting pretty all day like Paris. haha. no worries though i've been given the jobdesc for the internship and it seems to be quite challenging.. ;D

Anyway, back to the topic, Most of my office clothes are handed from my mom or my aunt. Only the pants (1 black, 2 khakis) and the skirts (the floral and the khaki) and few of the shirts are originally mine, but they aren't new either. I also got many vintage (well, OLD) belts i fished out of my aunts' and moms' wardrobe. With these inventories, my wardrobe aren't exactly conservative, and since at the beginning of the semester i've been eyeing retail companies i didn't worry much and i don't like dressing up conservatively anyway.. I don't want to wear the dresses yet, afraid it might be too girly, or the belts that cinches my waist because i'd like to observe the nature if my work first before wearing uncomfortable clothes.

i really want to wear that high waisted khaki pants i found this evening but i was afraid it might appear too trendy or something. Luckily, my dear cousin ceu dadut was swinging by so i asked her opinion and she said it's all right to wear that. she wished me luck then went home with her husband.

So..
High waisted khaki pants
Short sleeved pink shirt
white pumps
copper necklace and matching bangle

And then there is also the matter of transportation. Bayangin aja deh ya.. Kuningan. Senin. 7am. ugh! Lalu pas pulangnya jam 5 di setiabudi.. oh dear lord!!! It does seems like such a nightmare..but i'd like to get the real working experience. I could ask the driver to take me to the office and then picks me up later in the evening. But face it, when you're a fresh grad working with a salary around 2-3 million a month, you can't afford having a driver, or drive the car to work with the expensive secure parking fee plus the gas for driving 3 hours a day! I'd rather save the cheques for holiday.. sooo i decided to take the transjakarta, be spoilt a little by having the driver take me to the nearest station. This MEans i'd better be at the station at 6, hopefully it's not crowded yet..

So..
Transjakarta
5.30 udah brangkat

Clothes..check!
modes of transportation...check!
Mental readiness...check!

wish me luck!!!! :D

No comments: