Wednesday, April 30, 2008

i thank, you..

We are all used to saying thanks
we express it verbally when we get small favours
or give a token of something when the help is more than just a favor

when it's a teacher or authority figures we give little useful souvenirs
when it's a friend we make sure we're always by their side, supporting
when it's our parents we try to be obedient and fulfill their wishes and dreams

but what do we give, what do I give when the favor is so heartfelt?
more than a small favor, more than a help

one that give me more than just ease, but also peace of mind
the luxury of knowing not only will there be someone to cradle me when i cry, he will also bring a smile back to me.
the assurance that everything bad won't be as bad
and appreciation for the small blessings i overlooked

one that i just realised today, made me a better Me?

No comments: