Monday, September 22, 2008

sunday afternoon drive

me : abang! next week (lebih siiih tp I want to emphasize the urgency :p) is our anniversary!
him : Really?
me : Iya..
him : It's been a year?
me : uh-huh
him : wow.. ngga terasa ya..
me : i know..

Precisely last year I was just a doe eyed girl head over heels for this older guy who i thought either:
1. thinks I'm cute in a "that kitten/puppy/kid is so cute" kind of way
or
2. flirts with me as a 'snack' in between older ladies he's courting.

Whilst he thinks I'm' frighteningly young', i.e thinks he's lame and have got a truck load of guys following me, busy having fun to even notice him.

Good thing like a week later he asked me out and we found out that we were both wrong. :) Since he never actually asked me to be his girlf we made that day of our first date our anniversary.. it didnt feel like a first date anyway.

I remember how comfortable it felt like, felt like any day we're together now. He never let go of my hand the whole afternoon like it was the most precious thing in the world. And it was soo hard for me to let go when we closed the night with a hug.. Yes, a tight long hug like two long separated lovers.. instead of a kiss.

That was last year (almost), and gladly, things havent changed much.. :))

Anyways, later that evening we went to ak'sara and I flipped through book titled 'love letters of great men'. So I put on my sweetest smile, bat my eyelashes and said, "Abang would you write me a love letter, please..?"

And my heavy metal t shirt clad boyfriend frowned.. paused.. took my hand and at last said, "umm.. that i have never been good at doing.. ever."

*sighs* I will not be having the fairy tale anniversary i expected then.. :p

No comments: